Weight Loss & Vitality Program
The Whole Life Vitality – Eating For Health program
Have you tried to lose weight many times over, and found it impossible to achieve and maintain your long term weight goals?
There can be many reasons why your metabolism can trend towards weight gain, and during your first consultation, we will conduct a careful investigation into all possible causes that may be affecting you.
Causes of weight gain and/or difficulty losing weight can range from hormonal imbalances, mitochondrial dysfunction, emotional issues, chronic stress, dietary imbalances and lifestyle factors.
Successful weight management becomes easy when you understand your own body, when individual imbalances have been addressed and resolved, and when you have adopted the diet and lifestyle best suited to you, your time and your other commitments.
Elspeth uses a Modified Mediterranean Anti-inflammatory dietary program (The Whole Life Vitality program) as a foundation, adjusted as appropriate to your body and your needs. This may be supported by other methods, such as intermittent fasting, short-term ketogenic diets, vegetable juice days and body alkalising.
The aim is not just to restore you to a healthy weight, but to adopt a diet and lifestyle program that will keep you well, full of energy, thinking clearly and feeling positive about your health for many years to come.
A good weight loss program should be a complete wellness program – one that makes you feel so good and so full of energy that you want to exercise regularly and continue to eat well once you have achieved your healthy weight, simply because you no longer want to feel the way you once did.
One of the keys to the Whole Life Vitality program is to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels. It is especially suited to people who:
- Have difficulty losing weight, or put it on again soon after losing it
- Find that sweet or starchy food are hard to stop eating once you start
- Experience blood sugar/energy fluctuations, for example, mid-afternoon energy slumps or sugar cravings
- Wake in the night and have to eat in order to get back to sleep
- Have a family history of diabetes or who have been diagnosed as at risk of developing diabetes
- Have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Have tried low fat/low-calorie diet/low carb diet and exercise programs in the past and still find it hard to lose weight, or keep it off
The modified Mediterranean anti-inflammatory diet that is the basis of the Whole Life Vitality program has been proven to benefit the following conditions, and prevent the health risks associated with them:
- Excessive weight gain
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and type-2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol/high LDL/high triglycerides/low HDL
- High blood pressure
- Increased blood clotting tendency
- Underactive thyroid
- Gout and high uric acid levels
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Alzheimer’s disease/dementia
- Cancer and ageing
- Anxiety/depression/mood swings
Elspeth may use general pathology tests to gain more information about your current health status. These tests include blood tests, stool or urine tests or breath tests. Example of these are:
- Full Thyroid Function
- Female or Male Hormone Profile
- Coeliac Disease
- General Wellness blood profile
- Active B12
- Iron Profile
- Helicobacter pylori breath test
- Fasting glucose, insulin and HbA1C
- Vitamin A, B1, B6, C, D and E
- Serum zinc, copper, chromium, aluminium, cadmium selenium, lead, , magnesium, calcium, phosphate
- Urinary aluminium, arsenic, chromium, copper, iodine, mercury, nickel
- Inflammatory markers: High Sensitive C Reactive Protein (HiCRP), CRP, EST
- Liver Function Test
- Lipid Profile
- Allergy Profile
- Metabolic Bone Study
- Ross River Virus, Epstein Barr Virus
- General chemistry anion gap
- PSA test
- Urine microbiology and culture
In functional medicine, the focus is not on the pathology but on function. It is based on the understanding that biological changes precedes pathological change. It therefore investigates the CAUSE and MECHANISM of the illness, rather than the body system or organ involved.
In Naturopathy and in Functional Medicine, the aim is to gather enough information about the person to understand the predisposing factors (eg genetics, family history), the triggers (eg specific life events) and the mediators (biological changes caused, for example, by nutritional imbalances) that together have contributed to the illness. Unless the causes are properly investigated and addressed, complete healing is unlikely leaving the only other option (treating the symptoms rather than the causes) as “the solution”. Functional Medicine Laboratory tests seek to investigate the cause of illness as well as providing tools for the prevention of disease and premature aging. Assessments are available to investigate endocrine,gastrointestinal, immunological, metabolic and nutritional balance. These tests include but are not confined to:
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis
- Intestinal Permeability Test
- Organic Acids Test
- Adrenocortex Stress Profile
- Comprehensive Parasitology Profile
- Allergy Testing
- Mould/Biotoxin Panel
- Tick -Borne Disease Immunology (eg Lyme Disease)
- Autoimmune Assessement
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular Profile
- Neurotransmitter Profile
- Environmental Pollutant Exposure Panel
- Amino Acids Assessment
- Hair Mineral Analysis
- Heavy Metal Testing (pre and post chelation)
- Genomic Assessments (eg cardiac DNA profile)
The purpose of an Iridology consultation is to empower you with this understanding and to offer guidance to support to help with specific health challenges (current or future potential).
Iridology does not diagnose diseases
It is an analysis of the structure and appearance of your iris to describe tissue function and emotional and personality aspects.
Every person’s iris is a unique mandala, a colourful pattern describing the dynamic within. Your iris shows your constitutional tendencies, your strengths and weaknesses, current areas of irritation and stress (both emotional, mental and physical), and core nutritional requirements.
Your iris helps you to know what you need to do to take care of yourself now and in future. The structure, shapes and colours in your eye all have meaning, and when interpreted and understood, offer the wisdom of self-understanding.
While Physical Iridology and Rayid are concerned mainly with the coloured part of your eye, the iris, Sclerology is a science that is concerned with the markings and colourings in the whites of your eyes (scleras).
As a trained Sclerologist I practice the art of interpreting these signs as indicators of compromised health.
The presence, shape and appearance of blood vessels in your sclera and the presence, colour and form of coloured and or gel signs can all be interpreted to gain understanding relating to your health.
This can show up more information about current organ and system imbalances, many of which are difficult to see in the iris.
Body pH can be evaluated using samples of your urine and saliva, and by looking at certain blood indicators. A detailed questionnaire about your dietary intake and lifestyle will also be used.
Body pH is often considered to be the foundation of good health. It is my firm belief, after 24 years of clinical practice, that there are few health conditions that do not improve as a result of returning the body to an alkaline state.
When your body is alkaline, your cells get more oxygen, you have more energy, you age less quickly, you suffer less from pain and inflammation and your mood is brighter. In your treatment, we will take steps to assist you to restore a healthy body pH!
Join our Herb Lovers Family!
TUESDAY – FRIDAY
9.30 am – 5.30 pm
9 am -12.30 pm