The Whole Life Vitality – Eating For Health program
Have you tried to lose weight many times over, and found it impossible to achieve and maintain your long term weight goals?
There can be many reasons why your metabolism can trend towards weight gain, and during your first consultation we will conduct a careful investigation into all possible causes that may be affecting you.
Causes of weight gain and/or difficulty losing weight can range from hormonal imbalances, mitochondrial dysfunction, emotional issues, chronic stress, dietary imbalances and lifestyle factors.
Successful weight management becomes easy when you understand your own body, when individual imbalances have been addressed and resolved, and when you have adopted the diet and lifestyle best suited to you, your time and your other commitments.
Elspeth uses a Modified Mediterranean Anti-inflammatory dietary program (The Whole Life Vitality program) as a foundation, adjusted as appropriate to your body and your needs. This may be supported by other methods, such as intermittent fasting, short-term ketogenic diets, vegetable juice days and body alkalising.
The aim is not just to restore you to a healthy weight, but to adopt a diet and lifestyle program that will keep you well, full of energy, thinking clearly and feeling positive about your health for many years to come.
A good weight loss program should be a complete wellness program – one that makes you feel so good and so full of energy that you want to exercise regularly and continue to eat well once you have achieved your healthy weight, simply because you no longer want to feel the way you once did.
One of the keys to the Whole Life Vitality program is to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels. It is especially suited to people who:
- Have difficulty losing weight, or put it on again soon after losing it
- Find that sweet or starchy foods are hard to stop eating once you start
- Experience blood sugar/energy fluctuations, for example, mid afternoon energy slumps or sugar cravings
- Wake in the night and have to eat in order to get back to sleep
- Have a family history of diabetes or who have been diagnosed as at risk of developing diabetes
- Have non alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Have tried low fat/low calorie diet/low carb diet and exercise programs in the past and still find it hard to lose weight, or keep it off
The modified Mediterranean anti inflammatory diet that is the basis of the Whole Life Vitality program has been proven to benefit the following conditions, and prevent the health risks associated with them:
- Excessive weight gain
- Low blood sugar (hypo-glycemia) and type-2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol/high LDL/high triglycerides/low HDL
- High blood pressure
- Increased blood clotting tendency
- Underactive thyroid
- Gout and high uric acid levels
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Alzheimers disease/dementi
- Cancer and aging
- Anxiety/depression/mood swings