It’s time to return to “people’s medicine!”
Your kitchen contains some basic ingredients that you can use to make powerful remedies for common ailments. This is how you can increase become more independent in your health care!
“Medicine” doesn’t have to come from a shop! Your Grandma will recognise some of the wonderful recipes on this page!
- ½ kilo fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- Equal parts apple cider vinegar (raw, unpasteurised) and distilled water
- 1 cup vegetable glycerine (available from your local pharmacy)
- 1 cup raw honey
- A wide mouthed jar of about 2 litre capacity
- Place the minced garlic into the wide mouthed jar.
- Add the cider vinegar/water mixture to almost fill the jar.
- Cover and let stand in a warm place for 4 days, shaking the jar a few times a day.
- Add 1 cup vegetable glycerine and let it stand for one more day
- Strain and filter through linen or muslin, squeezing well.
- Add 1 cup of honey and stir well.
- Bottle and store in a cool place.
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped garlic
- ½ cup fresh grated ginger
- 1/8 cup powdered cayenne pepper (reduce this if you are sensitive to spicy foods)
- Honey to taste – about half a cup
- Apple cider vinegar – enough to cover all the ingredients by 2-3 cm
- Mix the chopped vegetables with the honey and pack into a glass jar.
- Pour in the vinegar until it covers the ingredients by 2-3 cm.
- Seal the jar and stir or shake daily for two weeks.
- Strain out the vegetables and herbs and bottle the liquid part in a clean bottle.
Spice Tea for Nausea and Vomiting
- 3 parts cinnamon powder
- 1 part nutmeg powder
- 1 part cardamom powder
- 1 part cloves powder
Fenugreek and Black Pepper Tea
- 1 ounce (30 grams) crushed fenugreek seeds
- 7 crushed black peppercorns
Prune Chia Bowel Cleanse Smoothie
- 1 tablespoon chia seed soaked overnight in ½ cup water (can substitute linseed)
- 8-10 soaked and pitted prunes
- 1 ripe banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon (to taste) raw unprocessed honey (or pure maple syrup/agave)
- 2 cups filtered water
- Use medjool dates to sweeten
- Use ripe mango insteead of banana
- Use carob powder instead of or as well as cacao
- Use fresh fruit juice instead of water, and less sweetener
- Use warm water in winter
- Use more prunes for a stronger laxative action
Liver Cleansing Juice
- 1/2 a fresh lemon and a little of the peel.
- 2 green apples
- ½ cup fresh broccoli florets
- ½ medium beetroot
- 2 large carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- Handful fresh parsley
- Some leaves of dandelion, rocket or cabbage
Liver Cleansing Green Smoothie
- 3-4 large leaves of kale
- 1 medium tomato
- Small handful fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon organic extra virgin cold pressed olive
- 1-2 tablespoons organic tamari/2 tsp miso
- Water as needed to blend
- add a shot of wheat grass juice to your final blended smoothie
- add 2-3 fresh dandelion leaves