Garlic has been used since ancient times as food and medicine. This syrup is excellent to treat coughs, colds, bronchial congestion, high or low blood pressure, heart weakness and nervous disorders.
- ½ kilo fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- Equal parts apple cider vinegar (raw, unpasteurised) and distilled water
- 1 cup vegetable glycerine (available from your local pharmacy)
- 1 cup raw honey
- A wide mouthed jar of about 2 litre capacity
- Place the minced garlic into the wide mouthed jar.
- Add the cider vinegar/water mixture to almost fill the jar.
- Cover and let stand in a warm place for 4 days, shaking the jar a few times a day.
- Add 1 cup vegetable glycerine and let it stand for one more day
- Strain and filter through linen or muslin, squeezing well.
- Add 1 cup of honey and stir well.
- Bottle and store in a cool place.
Take 1 tablespoon three times a day before meals